Hobart Community Events
- Salamanca Market: Every Saturday from 8:30am to 3:00pm, the Salamanca Market opens in Hobart’s historic waterfront area. This market features over 300 stalls selling locally-made crafts, fresh produce, and food from around the world.
- MONA FOMA: An annual music and arts festival held in January at the Museum of Old and New Art. The festival features both national and international performers and artists.
- Dark Mofo: Another annual festival held in June with music and art events inspired by darkness and winter solstice. The festival is hosted by the Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) and features live music, art installations, and food and drink events.
- Tasmanian Craft Fair: Held over four days in early November in the town of Deloraine, approximately 50 kilometers from Hobart. This is Tasmania's premier art and craft event with over 200 artists and artisans displaying and selling their work.
- The Taste of Tasmania: This event is held over a week from 28 December in Hobart's waterfront precinct. The event features Tasmanian food and beverages, live music, and entertainment.
- Hobart Christmas Pageant: The Christmas parade is held in late November or early December and celebrates the festive season with floats, live entertainment, and community groups parading through the streets of Hobart.